Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: RTF Interpretation Not Working in Crystal Report X Post Reply Post New Topic
developerchick

Online Status: Offline
Quote developerchick Replybullet Topic: RTF Interpretation Not Working in Crystal Report X
    Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 9:27am
I have an RTF note field that, when I set it to "RTF Interpretation" in the Format Field area, displays just great in the Crystal Report using the full program. However, when this report is brought into VB.NET and displayed using the Viewer, this interpretation is lost and all of the RTF tags start displaying again. Is there an option that needs to be set in VB.NET to keep this format? I don't understand why it would show in one place and not the other.

Thanks!
MelanieAngry
IP IP Logged
developerchick

Online Status: Offline
Quote developerchick Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 2:18pm
Okay, I have posted this on a TON of forums and haven't gotten a response.  From what I have found, RTF interpretation just DOESN'T work in the Crystal Reports Viewer.  I had to switch the notes field that I have to NOT use RTF interpretation and then in the VB.net code I had to do this to strip out the RTF tags:

Okay, I have posted this on a TON of forums and haven't gotten a response.  From what I have found, RTF interpretation just DOESN'T work in the Crystal Reports Viewer.  I had to switch the notes field that I have to NOT use RTF interpretation and then in the VB.net code I had to do this to strip out the RTF tags:

using a datatable as the report source...

Private Function UnRTF(ByVal dt As DataTable) As DataTable
        Dim rtb As New RichTextBox
        Dim idx As Long
        For idx = 0 To dt.Rows.Count - 1
            rtb.Rtf = dt.Rows(idx).Item("NOTE")
            dt.Rows(idx).Item("NOTE") = rtb.Text.TrimStart
        Next

Return dt
    End Function

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version