Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: web reporting, active X, version XI and 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
ruthie-s

Online Status: Offline
Quote ruthie-s Replybullet Topic: web reporting, active X, version XI and 2008
    Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 3:18am

I have a question from a business colleague who has written many reports using version 8. As per my previous query, we are looking to upgrade to v10 or v XI or maybe even 2008.

Can you try to find if it still possible to present reports out of an ActiveX with 2008 / XI R2 ?

If not, how does the mechanism for web reporting work?

I need to be able to select a few parameters on a web page which will display the report based on these parameters

Many Thanks Once again, for any guidance!

Ruth
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 11:54am

I'm not sure if just a plain ActiveX viewer is available. However, in Visual Studio.NET there is a Crystal Report Viewer component available for ASP.NET.  This is the easiest way to set it up.  There is also a viewer available for use in regular ASP applications.  You can find info about how to use the one that comes with XI here:  http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

Click on "Viewers SDK" and then "Samples".  There is an ASP sample available on this page.

I'm not sure whether you need the Professional or the Developer version to do this.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version