Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Retrieve the Summarized field from the Crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
RealQMan

Online Status: Offline
Quote RealQMan Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 12:36pm
Brian,

Need more information to put your explanation to work.. I understand completely what you are saying and I still stuck on where to start exactly
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 1:41pm
Unfortunately, it's pretty complicated and my previous explanation is the best I can do here. I wrote about it in the book and gave example code and it took over four pages to do so. Obviously, it's not feasible to retype four pages in a forum post.  You need to use the functions I listed in the previous answer to get the current value and populate that in an array as the cross-tab prints.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
RealQMan

Quote RealQMan Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 1:52pm
Brian,

You mentioned the functions use to find out where i am in the cell and assign the values accordingly. I can imagine it might be place in like a load method of the report or something.... Where would that code be? inside the crystal report formula? inside the crystalreport.cs?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 1:55pm
Everything I mentioned earlier is CR based. Nothing refers to .NET code. You would put those function in the conditional formatting formula of the crosstab cell. That way, as the crosstab prints you can call the GridRowColumnValue() function to find out which cell is being printed. Then use that info to store the data in the proper array index.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
RealQMan

Quote RealQMan Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 2:20pm
I am slowly seeing the whole picture... i certainly hope u don't mind sharing your wisdom.  LOL

When I start up a cross tab report using wizard, it request for a datasource to pull the data out. So, if I was to format the cross tab cell as it prints, I would probably need some data in advance??? Yes???

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 2:54pm
We have two different conversations going on right now. This is a CR XI topic only. Thus, you give it any datasource you want and it populates the crosstab and you can grab the current data or overwrite it. The other post you have refers to .NET. In that case, you build a manual dataset in your code and use that dataset as your datasource for the report. Then you print the crosstab object using that dataset.

I just want to make sure that we are either having one conversation or if its two, then we stay clear on what they are about.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version