Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Thank you!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Chrispy1

Online Status: Offline
Quote Chrispy1 Replybullet Topic: Thank you!!
    Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 9:18am
Just wanted to say thanks a million - I work for a telecommunications company, and we've been working an application that is partially deployed throughout my VP's district.  The application is being custom built for us by an external contractor, but my boss and I are doing all the testing, documentation, training, support, and report building.  We're using CRXI (the app is being built in C#.NET) and I have had a very steep learning curve.  Things are getting better with me using CRXI, but having this community available for us to share information and tips is absolutely fantastic.
Thank you again, and keep up the excellent work!
Your truly,
Chrispy1
There are 10 type of people in the world - Those that understand binary and those that don't.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 11:18am
Hi Chrispy1,

I hope this forum is helpful for you. I hope that as time goes on more people contribute their expertise to help everyone out.

Also, don't forget to check out my free books online. I'm putting my entire CR XI book online as I write it. I will do the same for CR.NET 2005 once I get started on it.

Brian

IP IP Logged
sitasree

Quote sitasree Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2006 at 1:35am

Thanks, very helpful

IP IP Logged
alshahul7

Quote alshahul7 Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2006 at 8:21am

This is a great book, looking forward for the to be on shelf in Malaysia !!

BTW, i dont know whether you realize that the figures in some of your beginning topics (ex: Chapter 1) is miss placed. (I think so..)

A beginner
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2006 at 8:56am
I'm glad you like the online book! Please leave me your comments on any suggestions for it.

Regarding the typos you found, the online version is a first draft. Once I finish the book 100%, then I'll go back through the whole book from the start and clean up all typos and make sure everything is perfect.

My reasons for putting the book online for free are twofold. The first reason is to spread the word about the book and get people's attention. Since I'm a self-publisher, then I have to do everything myself and I don't have a big book company to help me publicize the book and let people konw about it. Putting the book online for free helps me get links from people and spread the word.

The second reason for putting the book online is to get feedback in terms of whether there are ways to improve the content or find out if there are concepts I need to add so that the book is better. If I had a professional editing staff, then their job would be to give me ideas for making the book better before it gets printed. But since I don't have anyone like that, then I hope these forums will give me feedback and new ideas for improving the book before I print it in Spring 2007.

In fact, one of the questions someone asked me last week was so great, that I was up late last night adding a whole new section to the book covering their question. I'm very excited to think that it might be one of the best sections of the book. Without them posting that question and having me answer it, it never would have occured to me to write about it. That proves just how helpful this forum is to improving the book's quality and consequently helping out everyone who reads it.

Brian

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
utkuozan

Quote utkuozan Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 1:49am
Thank you very much Brian. I work for a sıftware development company and I am new to Crystal Reports. I hit your site while I was searching information on Google and simply can say that you did a great job. Thanks for sharing all this quality information with us. Can tell how much I appraciate your help.

Good luck on your work.
Utku Ozan ÇANKAYA
utkuozan@gmail.com
IP IP Logged
salguod11

Quote salguod11 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 9:24am
Just found you, Brian.  Thanks so much for the wonderful site.  I recently took a new position with a site contractor, and as their newly created Information Systems Director, I will be responsible for completing the implementation of their accounting software package (Sage Timberline).  One of my first tasks was to redesign the Job List report to have every other line "green bar" highlighted.  Imagine my GLEE when I found your topic in GOOGLE.  Chapter 5, Using the Crystal Reports Formula Workshop, was EXACTLY what I needed, and needless to say, the formula works!  Since Timberline is "Crystal compatable", I expect to spend a lot of time in Crystal 10 in the coming months.  Though my formal training class is not until the end of July, I am thrilled to have found what looks like a terrific forum to solve problems and share ideas.  WELL DONE - keep up the good work!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 11:19am
Glad the forum has helped you. There are some good people on here to help answer questions.

And a link is always appreciated! 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version