Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal report display data that is not consistent Post Reply Post New Topic
crystalelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystalelle Replybullet Topic: Crystal report display data that is not consistent
    Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 12:59am
Hi,

Good day to all of you. I am facing a weird problem so weird that I kept telling myself it is not possible. I am using crystal report in visual basic.net 2005 professional edition. I created a simple report which I drag and drop from the ADO.net database that I have connected earlier. The data output in the crystal report is not consistent with the data in the database. No error nothing at all that is why I don't have any idea how to troubleshoot it. Below are the error data.

Database CustomerID write = AA001S, AB001S, AC002S

Crystal reports CustomerID write = green, blue, yellow

Please tell me what is going on if you have any clue I troubleshoot for whole day and I am clueless.

Thanks

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 3:41pm
The report is using the default data that VS sets up for a report based on a data set.  This means that the data source for the report is not connecting to the application run-time data, but to the design-time data.

When you select a project DataSet when designing a report, Crystal allows you to design the report based on the class of the DataSet.  When you run a report, the data is in an object of the class.

You need to set the DataSource for the report to the instance of the DataSet object that's used by your application.  There are a couple of ways of doing this depending on which report object model you're using - CrystalViewer or ReportDocument.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
crystalelle

Quote crystalelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 6:55pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply cause from the moment I encounter this problem I am the one that is going crazy. I am using crystalviewer for my program.

Please teach me how to fix the problem.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 12:32pm
I haven't really worked with the CrystalViewer object model - we use the ReportDocument.  However, if you go to the developer library here:
and click on the following to get to some sample code that will show you how to do this:
1.  Crystal Reports .NET SDK
2.  .NET Developer Guide and API Reference
3.  Tutorials and Sample Code
4.  CrystalReportViewer Object Model Tutorials

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version