Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert setting being ignored Post Reply Post New Topic
gee5767

Online Status: Offline
Quote gee5767 Replybullet Topic: Select Expert setting being ignored
    Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 1:26pm
Hello,
This is my first post here as I'm a new member.  I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem or knows of a solution. 

I am modifying an existing ASP.NET application that uses CR for the reporting functions.  I need to add a lookup table to several reports to pull descriptions for various fields like commodity type, buyer name, etc.  I have added the lookup table using the database expert and get the data I expect.  However, the lookup table hase a cytp field that tells me what to look for.  That is 'C' is commodity, 'B' is buyer.  So I thought I could qualify the query using the select expert for ctyp = 'B'  (I only want buyers on the report).  When I run the report I see all lookup table records regardless of the ctyp setting.  The SQL is here:

SELECT "report_work_tbl"."whos", "report_work_tbl"."ebas", "report_work_tbl"."eact", "report_work_tbl"."buyr", "lookup_tbl"."ctyp", "lookup_tbl"."desc"
 FROM   "MCGSourcing"."dbo"."report_work_tbl" "report_work_tbl" INNER JOIN "MCGSourcing"."dbo"."lookup_tbl" "lookup_tbl" ON ("report_work_tbl"."whos"="lookup_tbl"."whos") AND ("report_work_tbl"."buyr"="lookup_tbl"."keyv")
 WHERE  "lookup_tbl"."ctyp"='B'
 ORDER BY "report_work_tbl"."whos", "report_work_tbl"."buyr"

Is there any know problem with the Select Expert in .NET?

Thanks
Greg in PA
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 2:07pm
I don't know of a problem with the selection expert. In fact, the SQL that is being passed to the server uses your selection filter. Have you checked the SQL Server Profiler to view the actual SQL sees and how many rows it returns? I would copy it to the SQL Query tool and run it manually to see what the results are.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
gee5767

Quote gee5767 Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 6:32pm
Brian,  Thanks for the quick reply. 
I have tried the SQL in the Query tool and it works as I expect.  I will check the SQL Server Profiler as you suggest.

Greg.

Edited by gee5767 - 09 Mar 2007 at 6:32pm
IP IP Logged
gee5767

Quote gee5767 Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2007 at 12:24pm
I found the problem. 
The recordSelectionFormula proerty of the ReportDocument was being overwritten in the VB codebehind of the ASP page that calls the report.  It ignored any criteria I entered in the CR designer.  I have added my code in the VB and all is now well.

Thanks,
Greg
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version