Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Can I export formulas in a Crystal Report to Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Bcolmer

Online Status: Offline
Quote Bcolmer Replybullet Topic: Can I export formulas in a Crystal Report to Excel
    Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 10:17am

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but i have been asked by my boss if she can export the formulas along with the data when she exports a report to Excel. 

If anyone can confirm that this is not possible, that would really help.  Or if it is, please point me in the direction of how to do it.

thanks!

Edited by Bcolmer - 28 Apr 2008 at 10:18am
-Brandy
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 10:29am
You are correct that you can't export the formulas to Excel. One small option is that in a Data Only export, you have the option of 'trying' to convert summary functions to excel. If the summary function is strictly based on a database field then it will do it. Look in the options dialog box for this.

I cover the exporting options and how they work in Chapter 15 of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Bcolmer

Quote Bcolmer Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 10:32am
Thanks a lot!Smile
-Brandy
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version