Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: dynamically display of imageson crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
fozia_izhar

Online Status: Offline
Quote fozia_izhar Replybullet Topic: dynamically display of imageson crystal report
    Posted: 13 Mar 2007 at 10:30pm

Hi to all,

I hav a crystal report on which i want to generate identity card of all candidates.I hav a picture control on my report.now i want to dynamically assign path to that picture control .So that a full fledged card can be generated.How can i do that plz tell me if anyone can

This is not so easy so we are here...
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 12:52am
Unfortunately, to do this in .NET 2003 is a bit complex. I have the complete code in my book and its much too complex to explain here. You have to create a DataSet class and add field to it of the binary type. Then load all the images into the DataSet. Then link that DataSet to the report.

If you get CR XI, they added support for dynamic images so that all you have to do is pass it the filepath of the image. Much easier! But with VS 2003 it is not that simple.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
fozia_izhar

Quote fozia_izhar Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 2:45am
Hi Brian
Thanks for reply
can i fetch the path from DB and store it in dataset and then dynamically assign path to the picture box.
i hav fetched the path but i dont get any way to assign dat path to picture box dynamically.Is der any property of picture box of crystal report for this task.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 9:07am
No, you can't do this. The only option is to do the steps I listed in my post. Crystal doesn't have this feature unless you upgrade to CR XI.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
fozia_izhar

Quote fozia_izhar Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 10:12pm
ok thanks Brain Smile
I'll try to implement ur first solution.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version