Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Fields are overlapping in word document Post Reply Post New Topic
catalinandrei00

Online Status: Offline
Quote catalinandrei00 Replybullet Topic: Fields are overlapping in word document
    Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 7:33am
Hello friends,

In my journey in Crystal Reports I've found 1 big problems and maybe anyone knows a solution:

I've created an report in CR 11 (11.0.0.1282), and I want to export the report into the format Word For Windows . I saw in Crystal Reports that there are 2 formats for this :
    a) Microsoft Word (RTF) - in this format the fields from the sections header/footer are overlapping .
    b) Microsoft Word - Editable (RTF) - in this format tha report is shown correct.

The questions I have are?
1) How can I export the report from Visual Studio 2005 in the format b) ?, (because I see that the only option I have is CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.WordForWindows, and this is not helping me too much)
2) If y cannot export the report in the format b) then what can I do?

Thank you,
Catalin

Edited by catalinandrei00 - 04 Jun 2008 at 9:34am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 8:05pm
VS 2005 limits your export options (as you figured out). Did you install CR 11 on top of the VS 2005 install? This will upgrade the VS 2005 libraries to use the new functionality found in CR 11.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version