Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: duplicate Post Reply Post New Topic
dutyfree

Online Status: Offline
Quote dutyfree Replybullet Topic: duplicate
    Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 3:25pm
My report uses the stored proc to produce data from sql database. My data set consists of duplicate records which needs to be displayed based on certain record selection criteria controlled by parameter.

I have separated this into 2 different sections which are available based on parameter chosen(controlled by swapping the sections with a formula) and this works perfectly fine. However, the second section which gets displayed needs to remove the duplicate records as the data is displayed on a different level. I have removed all the column fields that could add to duplicate records getting displyed. How can  i ensure that these duplicate records do not get displayed for this section. I tried to use the formula below to suppress based on previous value being available but this doesn't solve my problem:

if orderid = previous(orderid) then
       true
else
       false

I have looked at the report options to selecte only distinct records but this is greyed out together with perform Group on the server but this is greyed out too.

I wish to control this by a formula which checks the data whileprintingrecords to see if there are any duplicates and only display unique values. The column field to remove the duplicates is orderid in my dataset.

Any ideas guys! I will be so gutted if this is fairly easy task to do because i have tried various options to no vain !Confused

Highly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
cwillsh

Quote cwillsh Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 8:53am

I don't create the reports, just have to go into them if there is a problem during test, but the formulas I have seen for Suppress have not been if statements, but more like: orderid = previous(orderid)

Thanks for your help,
cwillsh
IP IP Logged
dutyfree

Quote dutyfree Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 10:22am
Ok got it now. Supressed all the records in the detail section based on orderId = previous(Orderid) and then remove blank sections in the section export to remove any spaces and it works fine. Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version