Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to refresh the report for subsequent requests Post Reply Post New Topic
hellow

Online Status: Offline
Quote hellow Replybullet Topic: How to refresh the report for subsequent requests
    Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 6:50am
hi , i want to know how to refresh the report for every new parameter entered by the user.I have implemented the report by providing a textbox to enter the parameter and then generate the report when the user clicks the submit button.Initially when the page loads and the user supplies the parameter, the report is generated according to the given parameter but when the user subsequently enters another parameter,the report does not refresh and shows the same old report.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 11:43am
Hmm, that's strange. A couple reasons for the report not refreshing could be that you have not disposed of the ReportDocument object in your code and its still using the existing object. The other is that you have the property enabled to save the report data.

The ReportDocument class has a property EnableSaveDataWithReport. However, I've had people tell me this hasn't been reliable for them. I also see a RefreshReport() method on the CrystalReportViewer class. Try that as well.

Please report back which technique does/doesn't work for you. I've heard different things and it's helpful to learn from everyone's experiences.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version