Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need weird distinct count Post Reply Post New Topic
DIYer

Online Status: Offline
Quote DIYer Replybullet Topic: Need weird distinct count
    Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 5:36am

I have to come up with a report each month with a daily count of system users in our call center (# varies a lot each month - very seasonal).  Here's the situation - there's nothing in the data which would consistently let me do a distinct count of user ID's by date, because not everyone does the same task each day.  However, everyone either either does Task A or Task B (or both), and the data for these tasks exists in two separate tables - Table A and Table B.  It's easy to do a report to show a distinct count of each, but how do I combine the groups (or whatever would work) to get a distinct count of every user name which is in Table A, B, or both?  I hope that makes sense to you!

Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 9:42am
I would use a SQL Command object to do a UNION of the two tables so that they are combined into one table. Then do a distinct select from that resultset.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version