Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing a line Post Reply Post New Topic
Tennessee Paul

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tennessee Paul Replybullet Topic: Suppressing a line
    Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 12:21pm
The customer wants a line drawn under each detail record.  The detail record (let's call it detail 1) is one or more lines in size depending on the contents of a Can Grow field.  If I put the line in the same detail as the detail 1 fields the Can Grow field stops working, but if I put the line in it's own detail I sometimes get a situation where the line (detail 2) can't fit on the same page as the fields (detail 1).  This is not good as then I get a line BEFORE the 1st detail on the next page or I get a line on the next page by itself (if it happens to be the line for the last detail 1).

The ideal solution would be a way to put the line (detail 2) into detail 1 and have the Can Grow still work.

Next best would be a way to programmatically determine whether a line is about to print as the 1st thing on a new page and suppress it, although this seems to leave another problem in that if the line is related to the very last detail 1 you really wouldn't want to print the group heading for the next page either because there's nothing else to print for the group.

Any ideas?     
Thanks,

Paul
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version