Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: MySQL connectivity issue? Post Reply Post New Topic
RitaInHood

Online Status: Offline
Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Topic: MySQL connectivity issue?
    Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 1:33pm
I have an old RAS (came free with Crystal 9, which we're still using:  ePortfolio LT).  I have a couple hundred reports hanging on it that my end users can access via IE, and that in turn access SQL2000 and SQL2005 databases.  Now I'm trying to add one more report that's going after a MySQL 5 db.  I have the same ODBC connection driver installed locally to my PC and to the server, both using the same login/password, but when I run the report from crystal (locally) I get results, when I run it from ePortfolio, I get this:

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Type:
    webReporting.dll (0x8004100F)
    Logon failed. Details: IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Error in File C:\WINNT\TEMP\{7D85F958-A52E-4B8B-A94B-B3ABF088199A}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.
    /reports/HTMLViewers/interactiveViewer.asp, line 46
  • Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
  • Page:
    POST 5626 bytes to /reports/HTMLViewers/interactiveViewer.asp
  • POST Data:
    __CrystalEventTarget=page&__CrystalEventArgument=crprompt%3Dparam&__CrystalCompositeViewState=pageCrystalForm%3Dxsi%253Atype%253D%2522CrystalReports.PropertyBag%2522%2520version%253D%25222%2522%253E%2 . . .

Help?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:29pm

This is probably a Windows or Active Directory security issue.  Does the Windows User ID that the web server uses for its web site have access to the network folder where the MySQL database is located?  If it's running off of a User ID that is local to the server instead of a network ID, that's probably what the problem is.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
RitaInHood

Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:41am
So far, no joy.  Best we can figure is we need to put a connection string in ePortfolio LT somewhere - but we can't figure out where.  There are several .cfg files buried in the ASP pages.  Anyone know which one?

(I can hit this from my workstation via crystal, but I cannot run the thing from ePortfolio - wouldn't that mean that I have AD rights but the ePortfolio server doesn't know where to go?)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version