Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problem selecting fanfold paper size Post Reply Post New Topic
hyandirgal

Online Status: Offline
Quote hyandirgal Replybullet Topic: Problem selecting fanfold paper size
    Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 11:34am
I have two problems with a report, but I believe they are related.  I am using Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008 in a VB.net application.

The report is designed to print to an Epson DFX-9000 ESC/P; paper size is Fanfold 11 x 8 1/2; orientation is Portrait.  When I preview the report, everything looks fine.  But if I exit the designer and then reopen it, the paper size has reverted to Letter Fanfold 8 1/2 x 11.  Of course, this cuts off the fields on the right side of the page.  I tried setting the paper size programmatically when I open the report viewer, but Fanfold 11x8 1/2 is not an option.  (Oddly enough, neither is 8 1/2x11 - the choices I am given are 8.5 x 12, 8.5x13, or 14 7/8 x 11.)

I have another report that prints to the same printer on the Letter Fanfold size, so I know Crystal is capable of working with this printer - it just seems to have an issue with the paper size.

When I run the application and try to view the report, it opens correctly (except for displaying the wrong paper size), but when I click the print button, the application locks up.  This doesn't happen with any of the other reports in the application, including the other fanfold report.  And the freezing only happens on my dev box; the client is able to print the report, although the size issue is causing it to print incorrectly.

I could deal with the locking up, since it doesn't affect the client, if only I could get it to print to the right size paper!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version