Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Question about report design and connectivity... Post Reply Post New Topic
foody

Online Status: Offline
Quote foody Replybullet Topic: Question about report design and connectivity...
    Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 4:50pm
   Hello,

First I want to say I REALLY love how this forum looks like and the features that it provides, very sexy indeed. LOL

Second of all I have a question to ask, I have made program that is called magic box and the grid size is 3 X 3 and it stores it like this,

n1  n2  n3
  n4  n5  n6
  n7  n8  n9

Figure a.

surrounded by grid lines.  I am programming using Visual Studio 2008 with VB.NET, right now it stores all the information in the database correctly. However I don't know where to begin when I want to display the grid in the report. I don't want to manually draw the report for 3 X 3 because that means if I want to make a grid like 100 X 100 it would take forever for me to draw it in. Is there away I can draw the grid 3 X 3 and get the information from the SQL database and put it in the location I specified in a code that gives the same image as figure a above? If you guys need further assistance in clearing my problem I will more than happy to help.  The thing is I want to be able to draw the lines (grid) around the number and have the number inside the square grid according to the size of the table. So for example if I choose a grid size (from the combo box) of 100 X 100 and I enter a value then with one crystalreport viewer automatically it should draw a 100 X 100 grid table with all the numbers inside. (NOT EXCEL GRID mind you).

Thanks in advance.
I wish there is an Ultima 7 Construction Set. * sigh *
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version