Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Main Report/Sub Report Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Sanjeev

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sanjeev Replybullet Topic: Main Report/Sub Report Problem
    Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 10:20pm
I have created one Main report with one detail and one Group and try to add sub report in grouping.
Because in main report every grouping changed data is coming from sub report.i have already created Shared variable with same name.

Problem -  report Performace is very slow every time when grouping field changed in mainreport and data is coming from sub report every try to Connect Data with Database (Accessing Database) .

Please help why every time try to connect or accessing database when group field is changed.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 2:15pm
This is one of the major drawbacks to using subreports - each time a subreport is called, it connects to the database a re-queries the data.

Is the subreport running in the details section or one of the group header or footer sections?

What are you doing that you specifically need a subreport for instead of formatting the data in the main report?

What type of database are you connecting to?  Are you using a native connection?  ODBC? OleDB?

In Crystal do you have "Use Indexes or Server for Speed" and "Perform Grouping on Server" turned on?  If not, can you? (Not all databases allow this.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Mak1984

Quote Mak1984 Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 12:18am
Hi any one tell me that how to get a running total of field in subreport from Main report .

Am having Two table , i want to sub total in main report  from where i am getting running total of Subreport .

but when i calculating a running total in subreport it shows right answer but in main report the sub total shows the last record value not a sub total of group.

please let me know how to solve the problem.
Be Your Dont Be Others
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version