Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Not all months displayed in graph Post Reply Post New Topic
printline

Online Status: Offline
Quote printline Replybullet Topic: Not all months displayed in graph
    Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 3:37am
Hello All

I'm new to Crystal report and i have run into some problems.

I'm setting up a report that shows all my customers and their purchase for 2008, so far so good, no problems here.

I would then like to show in a graph each customers purchase month by month. I have an order date field in my database i use for this. In the chart expert option i choose the data tab and put in the order date field and choose "On change of" and order by each month. In the "Show value" field i put my total price field from my database.

My problem is then, that if a customer hasn't purchased anything for a particular month (let's say March), no column is shown.

So what i want is for each customer to have all 12 month displayed in the graph even if there is a zero value for a specific month....???

Also i have a budget figure for each customer for 2008. I would like to split this number up for each month and also display this in the graph. Is this possible.....???

Any input/soultion is more than welcome....

Thanks in advance...
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 6:36am
I don't use graphs, but the issue is really that your customers don't have data for every month (which is fine in the real world, but it confuses reporting systems). 

If you are binding directly to the tables, I don't know of a way to correct the issue, as the goal is to have at least 1 record per customer per month.  If you are using a stored procedure as the basis of the data, you can add a section in your procedure to create empty records for your customers in months where they have no purchases.

Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version