Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal reports Layout- Unable to group,sort Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:36pm
IP IP Logged
namitanamburi

Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 8:53am
Hey,

It didnot help,

I have same error again.

The field name is not known.

This is driving me crazy,when I surfed online for errors relating to these, they suggested to check if case of fields is same as that in database. even tried that but nothing worked out.

Thanks
Namita
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 9:12am
Sorry,
did not clearly read your statement and see that you renamed not only the table but also the field. Before i repost the updated version i want to explain what we are doing here so you can problem solve.
Basically what you are doin here is checking one detail record against the previous detail record to see if multiple items on that row are matched and then conditionally suppressing them. You are evaulating the same table and field since these are the same on each row. In your design view you should be able to see the table and field names for each of the fields that you want to check against. (I assume you only have a details A and did not add any extra Detail sections).
Your condition is that if the the UserID field is the same on record as the previous row and then if the status or job title or speciality is the same as the previous row
UserId
Name
Email address
Status
Job Title
Speciality

T1 
T1 
 T1
 t1
t2 
 t3

A
John Lee
      John@al.com
Active
Chef
Thai

Indian

Given the above you want to make sure each of the fields and tables per row are what we are evaluating against. I think the below is corect but hopefully you can check each of these field in the design view and try it.
For Status suppress  using:

For Job title:

IP IP Logged
namitanamburi

Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 2:45pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><>

Hello,

I finally cracked it down.

I am 95% positive that the method I have used can be the right method (hope this method does not land me in another issue :) )

There were few reports that were already created by my seniors and I was finally able to grab one report whose layout partially matched to the layout I desperately needed. So I scanned the report meticulously and found a solution.

I was able to get a report like this after checking Suppress all duplicates for User_id, name, and email address.

I was unable to do the same for Status and Role.

So I was struck at this layout.

What did I do?

1)I checked suppress all duplicates for status and job title fields also.

2)Then,  I opened the Group Expert and grouped by User_id.

3) Later I opened record Sort expert and sorted it by Group#1 user_id and then Description. It finally worked.

Finally my layout looks like this.

I verified manually against the data and it is displaying records with the right logic.

I tried using your formula but for some reason it was repeatingly displaying the same error. I was unable to figure out a way that could crack this error out.

“The field name is not known.”

So here I am unable to realize in what way can I thank you.

Issue 2:

Can you tell me if we need to lock the size and position of the report (.rpt) file before you upload into source control server/tool. (like PVCS or VSS).

Can you quickly navigate to all the next steps involved.

Like if you ask me to elaborate about oracle reports then I would say.

We initially design a .rdf file in windows development environment then we compile it to .rep file in Unix box which is our production server.

Before you explain just a quick note, we have java as user interface, so using JRC they will trigger the reports and make them viewable in a CRviewer which is also a part of Java API for Crystal reports.

Also for some reason though I paste the screen shots of my reports in PASTE FROM WORD ,it doesn't display anyone of them.

thanks

Namita

Edited by namitanamburi - 01 Apr 2009 at 2:47pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 2:50pm
Sorry issue 1 never got resolved.
For issue 2 I do not know the answer.
I would repost that as a new thread to see if anyone else can assist.
Leave out everything else and just ask the second question giving your specs that way you did above.
Good luck.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version