New feature request
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : New feature request
Message Icon Topic: Supress zero values Post Reply Post New Topic
jknockler

Online Status: Offline
Quote jknockler Replybullet Topic: Supress zero values
    Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:35am
Hi,

A feature which would be very handy is the ability to not only suppress zero values (be it on a graph or table, etc) but to be able to suppress certain zero values.

For example, I developed a stacked bar chart. I had 2 parametres (fromdate and todate). the user specified the date range in which to return information and display it on the bar chart.

the database contained many field, one of which was a customername field which contained 6 different customer names.

between a certain date, only 3 customer names were displayed on the x-axis as the other 3 didnt fall within the dates specified. So i edited the graph to display ALL customers, and the customers that werent returned within that date range were still displayed on the x-axis with a value of zero.

However, because of this setup, and because my chart was stacked (there were 4 stacks-each bar broken in 4), whenever a bar only contained 3 stacks, a zero was still displayed on the bar. In this case, I wanted rid of these zero's but wanted to keep the zeros on the bottom of the x-axis.

If I had the ability to pick and choose which zeros to supress, I wouldn't have this issue.

A suggestion would be to catagorize (for bar charts) the zeros displayed into "total x-axis zero counts" and "stacked zero counts". So in my case, I could suppress "stacked zero counts" leaving me with just zeros along the x-axis.

cheers

J
J
IP IP Logged
Dan3D

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:26pm

I suspect this could be done with our CRChart add-in, which has superior support for suppressing null/zero values programatically.

-Dan

DISCLAIMER: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version