Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Different restrictions for each columns Post Reply Post New Topic
rbarekere

Online Status: Offline
Quote rbarekere Replybullet Topic: Different restrictions for each columns
    Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 8:58am
I would like to restrict each column in a standard report with different value, without using global filter.

For Ex. I have a measure field called Amount. I would like to have 12 columns namely Jan, Feb etc... and then I would like to restrict each column with Month and I need to get the data for that particular month in the column.

In this case I cant use cross tab report because crosstab doesnt support some of the features of SAP datasource at this point of time. I can create measures in SAP datasource with restriction. But performance of the query will be affected.

In case of Web Intelligence we can create a formula with where clause for each of the column. But such thing i couldnt find in crystal report.

I need experts help here.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Raghu
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 6:27am
create formulas.  1 for each column.  in the formula you can check if the month is the one that you want, and if so, print a value, otherwise leave blank.  If you need to perform aggregate functions, you will need to keep counters in your formulas so that your aggregates can be calculated at the time of the footer. 

The only filter you would need would be the one to get the correct data into the report, the formulas would act as local column filters.

IP IP Logged
rbarekere

Quote rbarekere Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:35am
Thanks.

It worked.

-Raghu
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version