Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert data Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 2:07pm

Are you seeing any values in either of the Crystal GUI's?  You state you can see all of the values "in this query", does this mean you see them all when when you run the SQL query outside of crystal?

Is this query that shows all of your data correctly a query that has all of your tables and joins that are being used in the crystal report or is it just querying one table or your stored proc alone? If you are querying them alone try and build the full SQL with all the tables and joins together exactly the same as your crystal report to see if you still have different results.

Are there any parameters in any of your oracle that Crystal is not catching but you are putting in on your SQL query that works.
Do you have more than one version of the DB and is the crystal ODBC pointing to the same DB version as your SQL query is that works?

Try "Database" > "Verify Database" option to make sure any changes to your Stored Proc (or tables or views) have been updated in the report as well.

Any of these work or explain the difference?

Edited by DBlank - 01 Jun 2009 at 2:10pm
IP IP Logged
irfan

Quote irfan Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 2:10pm
Yes its the same query from the report that I am running outside of crystal reports and can see all the possible values. I will work on the parameters that I am hardcoding this query when I run it outside of Crystal. May be that could be the problem. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 2:12pm
If it is looking for user defined parameters that might explain it.
Also make sure to use the Verify DB whenever you alter a Stored Proc or view. Crystal does not automatically update this if you have them open and working on them at the same time.

Edited by DBlank - 01 Jun 2009 at 2:13pm
IP IP Logged
irfan

Quote irfan Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 2:17pm
I also think it to be an issue with the parameters but I will confirm. I always use the verify DB feature.
IP IP Logged
irfan

Quote irfan Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 10:29am

Hello,

I am still struggling to figure out what is wrong with the select expert or browse on this column.

One thing I noticed is , that this works correctly on our TEST server and not on PROD server, but I really dont think that there is much difference between PROD and TEST data as the data was refreshed recently. So where could the problem be ?
Please advise.

Thanks

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:20pm

Are all of your views and stored procs (especially if a view uses another view or your stored proc uses views) that the report uses exactly the same between the two servers?

Can't tell you how many times I have altered one of these in my test environment to get a report to work as intended but forgot to make the same changes to my live DB.
IP IP Logged
irfan

Quote irfan Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 3:24pm
Thanks for helping me out here, actually it turned out to be a registry problem. When we upgraded from Crystal Reports X to X1 ,there were some registry entries left which had to be deleted and the new registry entries had to be modified to increase time out and the number of rows that could be retreived. This worked. Once agan thanks for all your replies.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version