Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: CR X - Query "Analyze" Post Reply Post New Topic
sernandez

Online Status: Offline
Quote sernandez Replybullet Topic: CR X - Query "Analyze"
    Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:07am
Hi everyone:

I have a big problem with performance on my CR.
I am going to try to explain what has happening: i have done a report with my CR using Oracle 10g RAC. Report is called from a web (java) application with CR libraries.

I have created 2 users in the database, the first one (UserA) is the owner of the tables and have all the privileges in the database. The second one (UserB) only have privileges to select, insert, delete and update tables.

When i launch my report with UserA the performance is very poor, it spends around 5 minutes on showing the report. If i launch the report with UserB it spends only 30 seconds.

Monitoring the database i have seen that when i launch the report with UserA CR is sending to Oracle an "Analyze table for estimate statistics" that spend a lot of CPU time. If i launch the report with UserB it is not execute "Analyze" querys and the report spends less time to be execute. (Important: UserB doesn't have privileges to execute Analyze in the database)

I don't know why an analyze query is being launched in the database, Oracle only execute this query when someone (or something) order it.

¿Is CR executing Analyze query?

¿Any suggest?

Thank you so much.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version