Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: %SI_STARTTIME% - Help Post Reply Post New Topic
chudson

Online Status: Offline
Quote chudson Replybullet Topic: %SI_STARTTIME% - Help
    Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 8:20am

I am currently using CE 10.0. I am sending reports out via e-mail and want to customize the .rpt name with a date.

In the Destination Tab, you can either select Default File Name or Specified File Name. I want to specify Name / Date / extension - so when the file gets delivered by e-mail, it should appear like this: Report_For_Cindy.06.23.2009.rpt. I know that I need to use %SI_NAME% for the name and .%EXT% for the extension but what about date only? I have tried the %SI_STARTTIME% but this gives date and time. I just want to use date without the time.  Is this possible?

Thank for any help you can give me on this.

Cindy

Edited by chudson - 24 Jun 2009 at 11:39am
IP IP Logged
crazyforpool

Quote crazyforpool Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
Cindy,

Any luck on this? I'm facing a similar issue. I'm still probing & will update you if I find anything, in the mean if you've already figured it out or have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Adam
IP IP Logged
chudson

Quote chudson Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 8:57am

This is what I received:

Person 1: Try ToText({MYFIELDNAME }, "dd-MMM-yyyy")

Person 2: I've used %SI_STARTTIME% in Enterprise within the email subject or filename when scheduling a report to distribute via email but I've never used it within LBI; is this what you're attempting to do? If you have a full copy of CR Server or Enterprise, you can go to the query builder and "SELECT *" where your "SI_ID = X" - for X go to a historical instance and click the sucess; it will show you the SI_ID within the path right after all of the file folders are finished displaying and right before the ~xxxxxxx.rpt. This will show you every field that is exposed and available through the SDK. Even then, I"m not sure they built the hooks to allow the use of every field available from the SDK within the SMTP interface. Sorry it's not a direct answer but it should put you on the path to find the answer. I'll be attaching to an Enterprise environment later today so if you can confirm your exact goal, I'll be happy to do the query to get the available fields from the CMS.

My response: Yes, I'm trying to use it in Enterprise within the filename when scheduling a report to distribute via email. Thanks for the tips. I will try both suggestions. Cindy

Person 2: Okay, that makes sense - I didn't think that was available in LBI. That should do it for you then, you might also look at the SI_ID of a scheduled instance going to email - you'll find different properties within different object types report vs. instance for example. Also, a report scheduled to Excel will have different properties than one going to just history so looking at different instance types will be important to finding what you're after.

Hope this helps :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version