Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Put data in Specific Cells in Excel? Post Reply Post New Topic
dogmeat78

Online Status: Offline
Quote dogmeat78 Replybullet Topic: Put data in Specific Cells in Excel?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 7:03am

I'm a VB.NET developer. I've got someone I work with who's job is to create crystal reports for the company.

She claims that it's not possible to put data in specific cells in Excel. For example:

"Customer" - B2
   "Address"   - C4
   "Phone Number" - B6

And have a grid below starting at line 10 that has equipment, serial numbers, etc..

I don't know much about the design of crystal reports, so I have no way of telling her how to do it. The alternative, would be I would have to code this out in VB.NET and that's not an option I want to pursue.

Please tell me there IS a way to do this, and if possible a link to an example of someone doing this, or details on how to do this.

thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 7:19am

I am not sure you can do what you need to as a final end result but if you create objects on multiple detail lines for each "column" and row and then insert the items into as you want per cell and row then that is where they will be end up via an excel export. Note i tested this for a single "person" and not multiple "people" which will likely end up messing up your row level data.

Edited by DBlank - 29 Jul 2009 at 7:20am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version