Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab Highlighting Post Reply Post New Topic
jeffem

Online Status: Offline
Quote jeffem Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab Highlighting
    Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:09am

I have a cross tab that tabulate cooking oil production from a number of refineries over some period of time as shown below:

2004     2005    2006     2007
A          10         10        20         20
B          15         20        15         10
C            5         5           5          10 

How can I go about doing in getting the oil production number by refinery highlighted whenever there is an increase. Example, for refinery A production of 20 in the year 2006 should be highlighted.

Appreciate your advise.
jeffem
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2007 at 2:48pm
This is a bit tough and I'm covering it in my new book. What you need to do is create an array and populate each item in the array with the value from the cross-tab. The cross-tab reports from the top to the bottom so the array would just correspond to one year at a time. Then you can look at the current field value with the corresponding item in the array and if there is an increase then change the highlighting.

Yes, I know that this is a confusing explanation. But you really need to be an expert at Crystal syntax to pull it off and its way too much code to write here without messing something up. You can post follow up questions if you need more assistance.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version