Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Link loop Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:40pm
You do it outside of crystal altogther. As I recall you have SQL 2000 ?
A prmary interface tools for that version is "Enterprise Manager". You use it for all sorts of things including creating views. If you have a SQL server it will be installed there but you can also have it installed on your local machine and set a connection to the server.
The rights aboiut creating views will have to do with server security (if it is on a server) and the SQL DB rights (where ever it is installed).
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:43pm
You can keep going with the Command option but you if you are going to be doing reports with this DB I would look at this as a longer term solution as this problem will constantly come up.
Not that I won't keep assisting but if you stick with the Command process you may want to start a new post re: the problem you are having and what your SQL looks like. My SQL is very limited compared to many others here and I think you may get better help on a new post.
IP IP Logged
elie234
Groupie
Groupie

Quote elie234 Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 1:30pm
It is a Progress DB associated with our ERP software so I don't think I have the Enterprise manager, or at least I can't find it. I will look further to see if there is something like that.
Thanks for all your help, I will start a new post if I keep going with the command.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 1:36pm
Sorry, thought it was a SQL DB for some reason and threw you a red herring.
I am not familiar with Progress so I can't speak to it's functionality or options. You may be "stuck" with a Command.
IP IP Logged
Cordellv

Quote Cordellv Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 2:04pm
I thought I could attached report that is running on a PROGRESS database where the SQL command references more than one table but I dont see how.  If you will email me cvail@wsipc.org I will send a copy of it to you.  Then you can look at how it was created and give it a try and see if you can modify it enough to see how it works and maybe it will help you with your report.  Cv  Seattle, WA
Making Things Better One Day At A time
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version