Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to show empty rows for the res of each page? Post Reply Post New Topic
losingsleeep

Online Status: Offline
Quote losingsleeep Replybullet Topic: How to show empty rows for the res of each page?
    Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:17pm
Hi All.
could any body guide me :

How to have empty rows at the end of our data rows in each page?
for example, if we have an invoice datasource, and i for one invoice we have 4 items filled, for the rest of it we want to show empty rows just like the real invoice. in fact, i created it with Microsoft Report but , i set it an exact number of rows for each invoice. but i don't want any limitation about exact number of rows . if the user changed the papersize, the empty rows automaticaly fill the page! (eg. A4 has 30 rows, A5 has 15 rows & ...)

plz help me.

thanks, Bobby.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 6:25am
sounds like what you are looking for is blank space on the page...just wrote an invoice myself.  Put the bottom part of the page in the page footer (which always print at the bottom).  Now if you have lines make sure that the lines touch the upper boundary and in their properties select extend to bottom of section (or something like that)...looked great for me...depends on how you want your invoice to look and if it mimicing a printed form or is more free form like most computer generated forms.

HTH
IP IP Logged
losingsleeep

Quote losingsleeep Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 6:48am
Hi. thank you for your help.
i've tested pagefooter before but i think it must not be that easy , or i am so tired!LOL
however, i'll try again...
by the way, could you please tell me how can i create and change the ReportDocument programatically?
for example:

rptDoc.Sections[0].ReportObjects.Add(myTextObject);

or even in formula script, how can i do that? (add / remove items)

thanks, Bobby.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 8:38am

I do all of my report layout in the designer, so none of my objects are added dynamically.  You can hide and unhide (conditional suppress) items using formulas, all that hey want is a true or a false.  You can move items from side to side (kind of).

I am leary of the creating a report on the fly approach, only because it is hard enough with IDE in front of you.

HTH
IP IP Logged
losingsleeep

Quote losingsleeep Replybullet Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:08pm

Thanks for your help, lockwelle .

thanks, Bobby.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version