Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Aggregating data from different databases Post Reply Post New Topic
mxr561

Online Status: Offline
Quote mxr561 Replybullet Topic: Aggregating data from different databases
    Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 9:27am

Is it possible to run the same report across multiple databases ( all SQL SERVER with same set of tables structures) and aggregate the results within crystal reports and present to the user in a single report?

Edited by mxr561 - 29 Oct 2009 at 9:29am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:38am
If there's common data that you can link on, this should not be a problem.  However, if you want a UNION of all of the information, it may be more challenging.

I know that in Oracle I can setup "dblinks" that allow me to run a query in one database and pull data from another using the link.  Is there anything like this in SQL Server?  If so, you could set it up and write a command in Crystal that will run a union query to get the data you're looking for.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mxr561

Quote mxr561 Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:23am
I am thinking of using the sql command window to create a script that would traverse all available databases ( or a pre-defined set) and pull the data. The returned results will be grouped up based on a category and present to the user in a single report.

Or the other option would be to create a stored procedure in one db which would do the above and return to the use just one result set.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version