Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: year to date sales Post Reply Post New Topic
wishnw

Online Status: Offline
Quote wishnw Replybullet Topic: year to date sales
    Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 11:52am

I have created a report that totals year to date sales and issues for the current year and the previous year.  When I run the report for the current year it is including 2008 and 2009 together and then 2007 is listed for the previous year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 12:04pm

Do you mean you have this grouped and the grouping is messed up?

If so, whom ever built the report likely used a formula to group on. What is that formula?
Also your select statment probably needs to be altered...

If these are not the case can you explain your report design a little more?

Edited by DBlank - 29 Oct 2009 at 12:05pm
IP IP Logged
wishnw

Quote wishnw Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 1:26pm

I created it.  For the select statement I only use the product line I want to see sales for.  The formula I used is a sum formula.  Its YTD sales plus YTD issues, and Prior Year Sales and Prior Year Issues, so I'm not understanding why its grouping 2008 and 2009 together.

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 1:37pm

Sorry, still not visualizing your set up...

If you have row level data that you are grouping on a date field you can set that to per year (like each individual sale record with a sales date).
If you have a  field column that shows the FY in it you can group on that (like a summarized data table that has one row per Fiscal Quarter or Fiscal Year).
Your select statement would be where your data is filtered to only include the last 2 years of data.
Is this helping? If not can you post some sample (fictitious if need be) row level data and how you want it to appear?
IP IP Logged
wishnw

Quote wishnw Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 2:05pm
From inventory management, I'm using the year to date sales and year to date issues.  We have kits set up so the items it kits I have to pull from issues to see the sales.  And then for the previous year in inventory management, I'm using prior year sales and prior year issues.  I then just used a sum formula to add those two fields together so I don't have to run two reports and add them together.  And then I just have the product line set up as my select statement so I can change it to whatever product line we want to look at sales for.  We use this report for ordering so we can see what we have sold for the last two years, but I have to include the issues also.  It worked fine until this year and then it added this year and last year together as year to date sales.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 2:29pm
Please remember I am working completely blind here. I cannot seem to follow your set up well enough to get the details...
are you having 2 problems, incorrect grouped years and 3 years worth of data appearing, or just 1 problem, the wrong grouped year?
What exactly is the formula you are using to get your group?
What is your select statemetn to get the data?
IP IP Logged
wishnw

Quote wishnw Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:01pm
I'm just using a simple formula for adding my data.  Year to date sales + year to date issues.  I did a sum formula.  And then the same thing for prior year.  My prior year data is actually 2007 sales and issues.  My year to date data is combining 2008 and 2009.  That is what I don't understand.   If I am using current year data I think it should just be 2009 year to date sales and issues.   And my prior year data should be 2008 sales and issues.  I created these in the fields to use part of my report.  For my group by I use product line.  And then for my select statement I use product line is equal to (whatever product line I want to chose).  I am totally self taught on crystal reports so I am doing whatever is easiest. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:06pm

Maybe the problem is the source data.

Are you buy chance pulling these from excel spreadsheets or something similar?
Lok at those to see if your source data (spreadsheets) are messed up.

Anyone else want to jump in here? I just cannoy wrap my head around this set up...
IP IP Logged
wishnw

Quote wishnw Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:13pm
I'm pulling my data from MAS 90, inventory management.  So when I look at the data in MAS 90 it is correct, but when I pull it to Crystal reports, it is combining the two years.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:01pm
Try disecting the formula you are using (for grouping) part by part to see if that is the problem. Place the formula on the detail row to make sure it is giving the correct data as you need for grouping.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version