Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Load Report Failed Post Reply Post New Topic
Dave P

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dave P Replybullet Topic: Load Report Failed
    Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 6:10am

.NET:                     1.1.4322

Dev Environment:  Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional

Crystal:                  XI Developer Edition

I have created a simple ASP.NET app to simply load a report and display it in the viewer. This all works fine on all machines in my office apart from a Windows 2000 machine that is set up as a web server. Every time Report.Load(sReportName) is called it exceptions with the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load report failed.         (Exception.Message)

Failed to open report.    (Exception.InnerException.Message)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod) at CrystalWebTest.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crystalwebtest\webform1.aspx.cs:line 57

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ASPTimesheet2.20\WebReporting\Reports\Tm_Staff_Details.rpt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the bottom you will see the absolute path for the report on the server, which is correct. I've checked and the ASP.NET account has sufficient read\write privelages for the temp directory on C. One thing to note is that the majority of the reports I'm trying to load are Crystal 9, but they all work fine on other machines using the same crystal runtime and .net app.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dave P - 14 Jun 2007 at 6:12am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 11:11am
Hmmm. I would think it is a security issue as well. I wonder about some type of version conflict. What about creating a new report strictly with VS.NET and just make it simple. Then see if that loads properly on the web server. If so, then there is a versioning problem that needs to be resolved. If not, then I would think that maybe the server doesn't have everything installed correctly? Do you have all the service packs installed on the server as well?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Dave P

Quote Dave P Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 1:28am
Yes, service pack 2 and all the latest hot fixes have been applied. So all the machines in the office should be at the same state. After further investigation we found that it seems to be down to parameters. I created a simple report that contained 1 parameter value. This seemed to load up ok in the viewer....until you make the parameter of type boolean. Then it falls flat on its face! Do you know of any issues relating to this with Crystal XI? I will keep investigating this today.
IP IP Logged
basetti kishore

Quote basetti kishore Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2007 at 2:36am

Hi,I am also facing the same problem.  Infact, there is no problem in loading the report for the other users, but only one user is facing problem in loading the report and the following error is coming when accessing the report for that user.

Actually, I am  not gettting why this error is coming, if any body know about it please let me know.

It is happening for only one user.

{Description=Load report failed.}
{Exception StackTrace=   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

One buddy was saying , we need to give the full security access c:\Windows\Temp directory .

Then I have given all the access permission to that user, who was not able to run the Crystal Report.

Inspite of doing this, it was not working and that user  still not able to run the report.

Is it ASPNET machine accoutnt to be added to the Temp directory or if any thing else is there, please let me know.

Any help would be greately appreciated

Regards
Kishore Kumar

kishore kumar
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2007 at 8:17am
I dont know if the solution is here... my understanding is that unlike some earlier versions of CR you now need to run web based reports from the CR Report Server which is not the same as an IIS web server. I believe this is in part the reason BO  gives a 5 user license copy of the Report Server with the developer edition.

Obviously if you are running the CR Report Server and all is properly administered then this  thought does not apply.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version