Message Icon Topic: Load Report Failed Post Reply Post New Topic
Dave P

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dave P Replybullet Topic: Load Report Failed
    Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 6:35am

.NET:                     1.1.4322

Dev Environment:  Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional

Crystal:                  XI Developer Edition

I have created a simple ASP.NET app to simply load a report and display it in the viewer. This all works fine on all machines in my office apart from a Windows 2000 machine that is set up as a web server. Every time Report.Load(sReportName) is called it exceptions with the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load report failed.         (Exception.Message)

Failed to open report.    (Exception.InnerException.Message)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod) at CrystalWebTest.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crystalwebtest\webform1.aspx.cs:line 57

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ASPTimesheet2.20\WebReporting\Reports\Tm_Staff_Details.rpt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the bottom you will see the absolute path for the report on the server, which is correct. I've checked and the ASP.NET account has sufficient read\write privelages for the temp directory on C. One thing to note is that the majority of the reports I'm trying to load are Crystal 9, but they all work fine on other machines using the same crystal runtime and .net app.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version