Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub-reporting causing LDRPS to hang Post Reply Post New Topic
Alchemy

Online Status: Offline
Quote Alchemy Replybullet Topic: Sub-reporting causing LDRPS to hang
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:42pm
I am new to Crystal Reports. I have been trying to modify LDRPS reports using Crystal Reports so it would be handy if anone knows anything about LDRPS as well!

I have taken a copy of a current working LDRPS report which shows stakeholder contacts ordered by 3 sub reports (Employees, Customers and Vendors).

I have been trying to modify this so that it just shows only employees and sorted by their Title such that Branch Managers are displayed first followed by Section Managers, Assistant Section Managers and so on. I can't just sort by title since Assistant Section Managers would then appear before Branch Managers etc.

So I thought the best way to do this would be to use sub reports, one to show only Branch Managers, one to show only Section Managers and so on. It works if I have just one sub report (to display only Branch Managers for example) e.g.:
Not IsNull({Employee.pkEmployee}) and
{Employee.title} = "Branch Manager" and
{VPeopleInPlan.fkPlan} = {?Pm-Plan.pkPlan}

I have saved this sub-report and added copies of it to my report, changing the formula to show only Section Manager, Assistant Section Manager and so on. When I try to run this however it doesn't work in LDRPS.

Furthermore after various experiments this and the original LDRPS report (which is locked) stopped working. After rebooting they still didn't work but after not even looking at CR or LDRPS for a couple of hours I tried again and the reports were working again, which seems bizarre to me.

Is there another way I can use sub reports or is there a sorting formula I can use to display all employees starting with Branch Manager, Section Manager, Assistant Section Manager and so on?

Any ideas?
Cheers
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:14am
Look into Hierarchical Grouping int he Help Files.
A little tricky but I beleive the fuincationality youa re looking for. Proabably more of a question of does your source data have the info to support the process.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version