Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Exporting to excel data only Post Reply Post New Topic
EdwardQ

Online Status: Offline
Quote EdwardQ Replybullet Topic: Exporting to excel data only
    Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 8:58am
I having this weird issue with exporting my .net crreport to excel data only.

In the report I have some muilt line headers.  When I export, the highest muilt line header is placed as 1st column, the secord highest is placed 2nd, and so on.

The data is exported in the same column position as on the report.

Heres a SS of the report in IE, the export and the report designer view.

Any ideas on how to get the headers to output correctly?  Thing I dont want to do is create a whole new report just to output to excel.  

Edited by EdwardQ - 14 Jun 2007 at 9:20am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 11:07am
The problem is that the header is a single multi-line field. Thus, it exports it to a single cell in Excel. Break each line into its own text object so that the export has them broken up as well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
EdwardQ

Quote EdwardQ Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 11:17am

That works, but the text objects above the bottom one do not export out on data only export. 

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 11:22am
Really? Interesting. In that case can you trick it into thinking those lines are data as well? Maybe create a formula which returns an empty string and concatenate it to the header text. Then it might think that there is data in there and output it. Something along those lines might work.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Yuva

Quote Yuva Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2007 at 7:24am
Hi I have problem in exporting data from crystal reports to excel. Once I export, the spreadsheet cells become vanished( without rows and columns)and excel sheet looks plain with only data. I saw ur screen shot. In the exported excel, the excel sheet format has not been changed. Please help me to solve this proble ASAP.
Regards,
Yuva
IP IP Logged
Yuva

Quote Yuva Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2007 at 10:10pm
Hi I came up with one problem while exporting from crystal reports to Excel. Only data got exported and the cells in the excel spreadsheet dissappeared. The excel sheet looks plain with no rows and columns. Can we export the crystal design(grid lines and line objects) along with data to excel? I saw ur post. In that the excel sheet looks fine with cells. Please help me to solve this issue.
Regards,
Yuva
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2007 at 10:45pm
Wow - you're from Antartica. That's pretty cool. 

There is the option in CR XI that when you export to Excel (not using the Data Only option) to also export the grid lines. It won't export line objects though.
IP IP Logged
jackws123

Quote jackws123 Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 3:44pm
is the same option available in vs2005 cr10 ?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version