Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: converting reports from sql 2000 to sql 2005 Post Reply Post New Topic
ciavarellah

Online Status: Offline
Quote ciavarellah Replybullet Topic: converting reports from sql 2000 to sql 2005
    Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 2:39pm

I have developed some reports using Crystal XI/Business Objects XI R2.  The reports currently talk to a sql server 2000 database via ODBC connection. 

We have recently deployed a new database server running Windows 2008/ Sql Server 2005.  I have updated the ODBC data source to point to the new server/database but when i refresh them no records are displayed.

Can anyone suggest a solution so that i dont have to redevelop the reports again.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:20am
have you tried verifying the database...

I use that a lot when I change the report.  I don't use the ODBC driver, but instead 'push' the data via XML.  You would think that just copying the data out to the file that the report is developed against and selecting 'Refresh the data' would work, but it doesn't. I have to go to the Data Expert and refresh each table in my XML dataset, and then hit refresh, if I change the structure, not only do I need to refresh each table but Verify the Database as well.

HTH
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:27pm
Another thought.  Are you using the SQL Native driver that comes with SQL Server 2008.  The old SQL server driver should work, but you never know.
IP IP Logged
ciavarellah

Quote ciavarellah Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:23pm
Thanks for your suggestions. 
The problem was that although i had pointed the reports to the new ODBC connection and Database, when i opened up 'show SQL Query' the report was still pointing to the old database. 
Now everything is working fine.
Thanks once again
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version