Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: fix the detail Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
rjknight29

Online Status: Offline
Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Topic: fix the detail
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:26am
pls.. help my project printing have a self form so all they want is to print the detail in exact in the form so i must to fix the detail to do it... i done to fix the detail in any recordcount i want but if the detail is less than example 10 the total is also adjust how do i fix the detail with lessthan i expected
how to fix the detail of crystal report even if their have a data or non., sample if i have a 10 row or lessthan 10 it must have 10 detail total.. anyone pls.. help
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:40am

I want to make sure that I understand you correctly.  If there are less that 10 records in the detail you want to make sure that there are blank sections up to 10.  For example, if there are only 7 detail records, you want 3 blank sections, correct?

I'm going to assume that you have at least one group in your report.  Try the following:
1.  Create 10 group footer sections just below the details section.  Format them as if they were blank details sections.
2.  Create a formula that will count the number of details records.  I'm going to call it {@DetailCount}. It will have a format like this:
  count({unique detail field}, {inner-most group})
3.  Go to the section expert for the first group footer that you created.  In the Suppress formula put the following:
  {@DetailCount} >= 1
For the second group footer it will be:
  {@DetailCOunt} >= 2
And so on for each of the 10 sections.  This will suppress the blank section so the only ones that appear are for rows where you do not have data.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rjknight29

Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:36pm
thanks for the reply...

sir i am not expert in crystal report it is my fist time to used it.  and some of problem i solve in searching but now. in using formula is very difficult to me couse i am not familiar of that..
 sir last question..
my real concern is to fix my group footer where is my group total is there in a place margin.. example if my detail is lessthan of my expected, let sa 3 rows my group footer is also adjust the place margin.. all i want is to place it to place margin that can not be adjust when the details is changes.

hope to help me thanks...
how to fix the detail of crystal report even if their have a data or non., sample if i have a 10 row or lessthan 10 it must have 10 detail total.. anyone pls.. help
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:20am

The steps that I gave you will take care of that issue for you.  The formulas I gave are fairly common types of things that you will need to do in Crystal and they're not that complicated.  The one thing I forgot to mention is that when you enter the Suppress formula for each section, do NOT check the "Suppress" check box.  This way the section will will appear unless the condition in the formula is met.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
rjknight29

Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:40pm

thanks sir. dell

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 6:17am
Actually, it's not "sir", it's "ma'am"! Smile  Don't worry, that's a common mistake!

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rjknight29

Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:07am
oww... so sorry about that.. thanks anyway for being understanding...

Ma'am Dell why it is not working?... may be i got wrong.. Cry
i think it is about the "Format them as if they were blank details sections" how do i format it.. sory for disturbing.. i really don't know how to used CR but I am willing to learn it... pls.. help

thank you thankyou very much.. god bless..
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:09am
If you have lines in your details section, make sure those lines are in the extra sections too, etc.  Basically this means do whatever you need to so that you have the same format without the data.

How is this not working?  What results are you seeing?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
rjknight29

Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:48pm

nothing change in detail and my group footer where the group total is gone...

I am exacly follow your instraction but it's not working i guess i have wrong..
by the way many thanks to...  advance merry christmass... god bless.
IP IP Logged
rjknight29

Quote rjknight29 Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:27pm
sorry for what i mention the formula is working well  all.. i am right I am the one very wrong thanks alot thank you very much..
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version