Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: DB Name/Schema auto picked up Post Reply Post New Topic
carleen

Online Status: Offline
Quote carleen Replybullet Topic: DB Name/Schema auto picked up
    Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:05pm
Hi

I have some reports which I set up on our test database before setting up on live.

The test database name and schema are different to the live database name and schema.

Each time I set the report up on live I currently have to go and update all the tables datasource locations which is very time consuming.

I am sure there is the ability to be able to get the report to automatically pick up whatever database I am logged into (via the software).  Maybe under Options "table name like" and "owner name like".  I have played around with this but cannot get it to work.

Can anyone help? 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:03pm
Sorry, but if you built a report based on a connection to say an ODBC driver, then the report is really bound to the set up.  It is a pain to change, as you have found out.

How my company gets around this issue is that our application pushes the data to the report, so all it cares about is the schema of the data....where is came from is of no concern.

There is a program that will update CR files in many ways, but I can't remember it's name
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version