Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: invalid printer error question Post Reply Post New Topic
mvaughn

Online Status: Offline
Quote mvaughn Replybullet Topic: invalid printer error question
    Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:12am
I have an application that is accesses by users via Terminal Services 2008.  One user prints a report to a printer that is installed on the TS that is a network printer, called oki320. The report printes fine.  Now we need the new user in a different location to print their vw\ersion of the report. Right now the printer is connected via usb to the computer and named oki320South.  When user connects to TS it shows as oki320South (redirected etc....)  In code I use printoptions.printername="oki320South"  when it try to print it gives the invalid printer error.  The connection in the redircected note will change often, so how do I make it work or do I need to make this a network printer as well?
IP IP Logged
mvaughn

Online Status: Offline
Quote mvaughn Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 11:11am
after some testing by setting the deafult on the local to the new oki it prints in TS.  Other problem is we use a custom sized form and the TDS session changes back to letter every time user connects since it is a new session/connection.  Have found scripts to remove session id from a printer but I do not want to impersonate and admin on the low level folks.  Also dound out that you cannot specify a session for TS to use everytime.  So I bit the bullet and ordered  network ready oki320.  Overnight shipping is terrible.....
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version