Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report load error Post Reply Post New Topic
abhi81

Online Status: Offline
Quote abhi81 Replybullet Topic: Report load error
    Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 7:25am
Hello All,
I am using Crystal Reports11 with VS.Net 2003.

Everything was working fine until now. The system is basically is a invoice printing system and around 300 invoices are printed daily. It worked for about 1 month and throwed this error today

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Not enough memory for operation."

"Report Load Failes"

Though when i reseted the IIS it was back up but i still would like to have a permanent solution to this.

Any suggestion/help will be appreciated in regards to this matter.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 9:23am
Just sounds like a slow memory leak. Plus, if you ran IIS for a full month without rebooting, then it could have been a Windows problem as well with not freeing up resources. I remember reading an article where someone turned on Windows XP, didn't touch it, and after a month it crashed. I doubt if that bug is in there anymore, but its indicative of typical OS issues. We reboot both IIS and SQL Server once a week on late Friday night to keep the memory clean. We haven't had any problems to cause this, its just a good rule of thumb with Windows to reboot periodically.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
abhi81

Quote abhi81 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 11:34am
It's nothing to do with the memory. It's a xeon processor with 4GB memory and when the error was popping only 1gb of the memory was being used.

Also this server(windows 2003) is hosting  a live website and they are not very keen to reboot the iis but if that;s the only solution then i guess i will have them do that.

Thx
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 1:24pm
Are you doing manual garbage collection within your app? VS.NET won't perform garbage collection until it deems it necessary. I had an app that would crash during certain reports and once I started forcing garbage collection it went away. Plus, I have to wonder if this happens every month or just this one time. If it was just once then anything could have triggered it. You have no way to pinpoint it except that CR is what crashed but that doesn't mean CR caused it. I was having a problem with a resource going to 100% and when I killed it I lost my audio card. So I assumed I had a bad audio driver. Turned out to be a bad MS service pack install. You have to watch it and do some detective work.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
kuldeep_sss

Quote kuldeep_sss Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:39am

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required.  Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

I am having this error while running the project, on generation of the report. The report is getting designed normally, without any error, the Visual Studio has been reinstalled, but i couldn't make it to work. Can anybody help with this issue. Please repy .

Kuldeep Singh
IP IP Logged
Gremlin1708

Quote Gremlin1708 Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 11:04pm
Hi all..
Is there no feedback on this error as yet?

Recently i also updated my Crystal Reports from SP1 all the way to SP4 now i am also getting this error. On my development machine it is running fine but on the other PC the desktop application is giving this same error.
Please can someone help.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version