Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need help with a multiple select/parameter stateme Post Reply Post New Topic
beggsr

Online Status: Offline
Quote beggsr Replybullet Topic: Need help with a multiple select/parameter stateme
    Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 3:07pm
I need to know who has access to doors. A person is given a clearance that allows entry into certain doors. Each clearance will have either a list of single door(s) and/or a door group(s). A door group consists of multiple doors. I have 2 issues.

1)     I have entered all the doors and doors groups inside a parameter drop down box. If I select a single door name from the parameter, it will only compare to single doors in each clearance and print out a list of all approved person with there clearance. It will not parse any data inside any door group inside the clearance.

2)     There are times that I need to know who has approved access to multiple doors. Instead of running multiple reports, I would like to make a “door group” that includes all doors that I need to run the report on. I would like the report to look at each door inside the “door group” inside the parameter and compare to all the clearances and print out a report for each door and who has approved access.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:38am
we don't know how a door group is represented in data.  what you need to do, is to figure out a way that CR can deteremine if a door is a group, or a group of doors is in a group, and if the person has access.

I know not helpful, but the best that one can do given the information.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version