Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Selection Case Sensitive Post Reply Post New Topic
chris

Online Status: Offline
Quote chris Replybullet Topic: Record Selection Case Sensitive
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:46am
Hi all,

I have a report which should return approx 1500 records based on the following record selection criteria

{REFERRAL.FURTHER_ACTION}in["Initial Assessment","Progress to Initial Assessment"]

The problem is the record selection criteria now appears to be case sensitive and is only returning records which match the case of the above criteria - approx 400 records. I'm fairly sure this report was working fine a few weeks ago so I'm not sure what has happened. Could something have been changed on the database ?? If so, where would I need to look to find those settings ?

The Report Option "Database Server is Case-Insensitive" is ticked and as far as I'm aware has always been ticked by default.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:08am
Are you sure it is a case sensitive issue?
To start I would not make that assumption and alter the report to pull all records group on the REFERRAL.FURTHER_ACTION and then do a count on the records to see if you get what you expect with no filter.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:29am
if it is a case issue youc an use lowercase() or uppercase() to resolve it...

lowercase({REFERRAL.FURTHER_ACTION}) in ["initial assessment","progress to initial assessment"]
IP IP Logged
chris

Quote chris Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 10:33pm
Hi DBlank

I have grouped on Further Action and the variations of "Initial Assessment" are all grouped together - this includes variations such as "initial assessment" and "Initial assessment".

Within the group, they have been sorted in a way that groups all of the matching case variations together even though this is not how it should be sorting as I have specified to sort by person id. It is sorting by person id after sorting by case sensitivity.

Even though the grouping of Further Action has combined the various cases into 1 group, the record selection criteria when used, is still only showing records which match the case of the data I have entered. I appreciate that using the lowercase function is a possible workaround but ideally I need to figure out why this has happened.

I'm sure this has only just started happening which makes me wonder if a setting on the database has been changed. 

Hope that made sense

Chris
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version