Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Brian Bischof Tutorial 11-1 Post Reply Post New Topic
ezeney

Online Status: Offline
Quote ezeney Replybullet Topic: Brian Bischof Tutorial 11-1
    Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 2:54pm

I hope Brian Bischof reads this message.  I tried run T-11-1 Report but couldn't.  I attempted to Set Datasource Location but was not allowd because Crystal Report didn't like two SQL statements in one command object, I think.  It didn't even accept INSERT or UPDATE statement.  However, INSERT or UPDATE statement actually updated the data even if I couldn't create a command object.

Can anyone help me with this?  I want to insert or update data.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:45pm
Hi there. I'm looking at Tutorial 11-1 and I'm not sure what part is not working for you. I dont' see an instruction that tells you to select Set Data Source.

Re the part with inserting and updating data, are you using SQL Server? Other databases don't give you the ability to use insert and update statements. Also, if you aren't using SQL Server, make sure you use the ODBC driver for your database. This typically gives you more functionality than OLE DB.

Does this help?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ezeney

Quote ezeney Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 5:55pm
Thanks Brian for your response.  Do you mean that insert or update wouldn't work with other databases such as Oracle, Sybase or MySQL?  I tried with Sybase and MySQL.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 9:25am
I'm a SQL Server guy and that is all I work with (and what I have experience with). However, on other posts I see people complaining that certain SQL statements won't work with other databases. But people will reply that they've had more success when switching from OLE DB to ODBC. So I'm just parroting what I've seen in other posts over the past couple of years.

Personally, I would think that it would work with Sybase (since it is more 'corporate') but I'm not surprised it doesn't work with MySQL.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ezeney

Quote ezeney Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 9:53pm

When I tried INSERT or UPDATE statement in the command, I got the following error message:

Database Connector Error: 'HY010:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Function sequence error'

I used the same sql statement that worked just fine at the MySQL and SyBase sql command line.  What did I do wrong?  Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by ezeney - 09 Oct 2008 at 1:53pm
IP IP Logged
ezeney

Quote ezeney Replybullet Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 1:55pm
Is there anyone who was successful in Updating or Inserting data?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version