Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Avoiding repetition Post Reply Post New Topic
crystalME

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystalME Replybullet Topic: Avoiding repetition
    Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 9:14am
Hi Everybody ,

I created a report as follows - selected report wizard from the start page, connected to the right table , gave in details for the fields to be displyed, the grouping parameter, the record selection criteria eg id = 'as' atc . It gave me the report the way I wanted it to look.

Now this report needs to be generated by an analysts everyday , and I wouldnt want him to follow these steps everyday day in and day out. Is there a way out of this ? Maybe a template?

Please advice
Thanks
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 9:22am
Now that you have created the report, are you asking if there is a way to run it automatically each day ?  Does the report have input parameters that can change on a daily basis or will the report run exactly the same way each day ?   Can you give a little more information ?
IP IP Logged
crystalME

Quote crystalME Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 9:32am
yes there will be input parameters changed , the date field actually will change .
IP IP Logged
crystalME

Quote crystalME Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 10:07am
Everything esle remains the same , So my idea here is that can we do the following - make an arrangement where he changes only the date parameter , the rest of the configurations like group by , filter records parameters ... are all preset and he doesnt have to set them again. So he simply changes the date parameter , runs the report and the output is acc to the new date.

Hope that is a little more clear ....  pl let me know if i need to provide any more information
IP IP Logged
saoco77

Quote saoco77 Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 4:20pm
Reports can be deployed in a number of different ways. I'm not sure from your post whether you are asking for the report to be generated automatically or if the analyst will manually run the report each day.

Assuming that the report is going to be manually run. You'll first want to create a parameter in crystal.

Next modify your selection form to set it equal to the parameter. Example:

Orginal selection formula:
{table.IDfield} = 'as'

Modified formula

{table.IDfield} = {?parameter}

The next time the report is refreshed a prompt will be generated to enter in a value for the ID field. Syntax will vary depending on the selection criteria in your actual report.

Hope this helps.
Sarah

Note syntax will vary
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version