Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: subreport page header problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Todane

Online Status: Offline
Quote Todane Replybullet Topic: subreport page header problem
    Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 3:41pm
hi,

when i use subreport, its page header works like report header, which means only the first page header can be shown. i searched the internet and found someone adopt group method to make "fake" page header to solve this problem. any other ways except this one? thanks!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 2:40pm
The only way I've found to do it is to use the Group method.  You group on one of the fields that are used to link the subreport.  This way the group doesn't ever change and it will print at the top of every page. 

Unfortunately, there's no way to do this for a page footer in a subreport.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Todane

Quote Todane Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 12:45pm
Dell,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that Group method should be the only choice. However, this method has a problem. It's too hard to tell how many rows (records) should be put in a group so that one group can perfectly occupy one page. If I set the rows number too few, there will be too much blank space between the last row of a page and the footer section, but a group with too many rows will occupy two pages. Even though I can get the best number of rows after several tests, I still get this problem when my program ran on another computer with different monitor of different screen resolution. My goal is to make the last row always close to the footer section so that the reports with groups can be consistent with the other ones without groups, but it seems too hard to implement it. Do you have any idea?

BTW, to display the page footers with sequent page number , I just show the footers of the parent report rather than the subreports. It works well.

Thank you so much!

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 12:58pm

Go to the Group Expert and turn on "Repeat Header on Every Page".

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Todane

Quote Todane Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 1:09pm
Hi Dell,

Actually I did turn it on and I can get the header shown correctly. My new problem is that the fixed number of rows in a group may cause the unnecessary blank space between the last row of the detail section and the footer section.

Thanks,
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version