Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamically limiting the number of results Post Reply Post New Topic
roland12345

Online Status: Offline
Quote roland12345 Replybullet Topic: Dynamically limiting the number of results
    Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 8:01am
Hi guys,

I have made this post here (http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4390&PID=13696#13696),

but it is sort of a separate topic and I need a solution to this.. what I am trying to do is to limit the number of results displayed in a Crystal Report dynamically using the 2008 API. I know I can have a limit in the view with something like SELECT TOP 1000 FROM TABLE, but I am trying to avoid creating this view because it will not work when tables are linked as it will cut off results.

Is there a way to limit records dynamically or do I have to create a full linked view like this - SELECT TOP 1000 FROM TABLE1 T1, TABLE2 T2 WHERE T1.TABLE2ID = T2.ID (I want to avoid this completely because I have over 300 tables to report on), right now I am dynamically creating the report and accessing the table directly but like i said if there are a million records there is the performance issue.

Thanks,
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 6:49am
Could you not use some suppression code using RecordNumber?

DC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version