Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie here! Immediately need help Post Reply Post New Topic
vbCodou

Online Status: Offline
Quote vbCodou Replybullet Topic: Newbie here! Immediately need help
    Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 6:11pm
Hello everybody,

i'm minami from japan. my english is not good, apologize.

Here is my problem. I have project in VS 2005 using VB.net form application.

I want to generate a crystal report when i click a report button, and it works.

The problem is i a have Text Object name PrintNo which is came from my sql database, a user-define printno. What i want is it should be incremented to 1. Example when the user input printno from the textbox form 123456 , in the report it should be 123456 on the first print but on the second print it should be 123457 and so on...

could somebody help here.

isho ni tabemasu ka
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Online Status: Offline
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 12:17pm

Help me understand. You have data in the SQL Server database that records the the number of times a report has been printed. Everytime the report is printed you want this number to increment by 1. So for example the first the time the report is printed you want the number to be 1 the second time it is printed the number will be 2 and so on. 

To increment the number in the database is probably more of a VB.Net question than a Crystal Reports issue. It would be simple enough to have a routine that would add 1 to the number and store it to the database. That assumes the permissions to write to that table and field are permitted. There are also some tricks Brian has published that will let Crystal Reports do this inside of command objects. There are found in the resources here on his website or in his books.

Let us know if this is what you are looking for or if it s more a Crystal Reports issue.

Regards,

John W.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version