Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Viji

Online Status: Offline
Quote Viji Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports XI
    Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:47pm
Hi,

We are trying to create a hyperlink from main report to a sub report.

Main report will display all  employees’ id and name

Sub report will display all the orders placed by all employees

when i select an emp id, it should navigate to the page holding the order details of this employee. is this feasible?

I do not want to implement using Hide Drill down option / on-demand sub-report as we need to have whole of the summary and details exported as a single PDF file. The report has to fetch all the summary and detail data and provide hyperlink from summary to detail. So I have placed the detail as a sub report in report footer.

Any pointers on doing this would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Viji.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 9:59am
I think I would still recommend using Drill down although I am not exactly sure what you mean by "we need to have whole of the summary and details exported as a single PDF file".
You can conditionally show upper level data on drilldowns by showing All headers on Drill Down and further manage this by conditionally suppressing using the drilldowngrouplevel function to hide and show based on drill down level.
IP IP Logged
Viji

Quote Viji Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 8:32pm
Thanks for the reply.

Actually we need entire summary to be displayed followed by all the Details. If i use drill down, the details would be displayed below each summary record. The requirement is to display all the summary data in the first page. All the details should be displayed in the consecutive pages. And when the user clicks on a summary record it should navigate to the corresponding detail record. So i had kept details as a sub report in the report footer. But i am not able to create a hyperlink from main report into the sub report. I tried "Another Report  Object" hyperlink. But in the manuals it is given that it will not work for sub reports. Is there any other work around for this? Pl provide some pointers.

Thanks,
Viji.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 6:34am
What do you mean exactly by "we need entire summary to be displayed".
Do you mean summary for the entire report (all records) or summary per group for all groups?
IP IP Logged
Viji

Quote Viji Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:15am
Summary per group for all groups.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
Sorry but having a little trouble visualizing this Unhappy

Perhaps you can invert your thinking on this and and still use the drill down but use a subreport to show all the group summaries in a section that is hidden until you drill down. It would basically be a copy of the same report with all details hidden put in a GH or GF depending on your need and then conditionally suppress that where drilldowngrouplevel=0 then conversely hide the group summary for the group you are drilling down on if need be.
DOes that make sense?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version