Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Data in export report not at the same place Post Reply Post New Topic
Linda120974

Online Status: Offline
Quote Linda120974 Replybullet Topic: Data in export report not at the same place
    Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 11:08am
Hi,

I wish someone can help me, I made a report in crystal report and I export it in excel, all worked perfectly except that I have a column of data that is not at the right place, I don't know why, the data of the third column appear in the second one, because there are no data in the second one, but if I have data in the second one, the data is at the right place.

I wish that you can understand my question.

Thanks !

Linda
Dada
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:22am
This is a problem with the way Crystal exports data that you may or may not be able to do anything about. 

There are some tricks to getting things to export to Excel cleanly:

1.  Make sure that column headers are all the same number of lines - you can't have headers that are one line and others that are two lines unless all of the two-line headers are grouped together on the left.

2.  Left-align the headers.

3.  Within columns, left-align the header and data objects and make them the same width.

4.  Use the Excel Data Only export.  This will give you a cleaner export that doesn't have merged columns and rows.  The non-Data Only export is more for "picture perfect" export, it makes it VERY difficult to "slice-and-dice" data.

Another trick that I have used when some columns may be empty is to use a text object with just a '-' in it.  I align it with the column data and make it the same size, send it to the back, and make the font white to match the background.  I set a suppress formula on it for "not IsNull(<data field in the column>)".  What this does is put a dash in the column if there's no data.  Because the font is white, you can't see it on the report.  However, when you do a data-only export, it does show up in the column as a place-holder.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version