Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Doc export format in Crystal report 11.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Nahas

Online Status: Offline
Quote Nahas Replybullet Topic: Doc export format in Crystal report 11.5
    Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 3:53am
Hi,

I would like to know is there any chance to create a doc file while exporting the report from Crystal report 11.5, now I am using the word editable format (RTF) for opening the report in MS-word.

Please reply for this if anyone have solution for this.
Thanks,
Nahas
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 2:15pm

Unfortunately, the only export that's available that is readable by Word is  RTF.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Nahas

Quote Nahas Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:05am
Hi Dell

When I started to use the Word Editable(RTF)Export option in CR 11.5, I am facing some alignment and Line spacing issues. How I can avoid alignment and Line spacing issues in Word Editable format?. peviously I used CR 8.5 in which I have no such issues.
Thanks,
Nahas
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:58am

I don't use the Word export formats very often - only when I'm working on a prototype and I need to include the report layout in the functional specs.  However, here are some suggestions.

Alignment - to prevent column alignment problems in Excel, I do use a cross-tab if possible.  If it's not possible, I do the following:

1.  Align the left sides of all of the objects in the column - heading, data, footer/totals.
2.  Make all of the objects the same width, even if most of it is going to be blank.
3.  Avoid headings that are more than one line unless ALL of the headings have the same number of lines.

This technique may also work for the Word export.

Line Spacing - don't include extra space in a section below the bottom of the objects.  Avoid using lines.  If you're using a cross-tab, you'll get extra space.

Good luck!
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Nahas

Quote Nahas Replybullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:30am
Hi Dell,

I have some more issues in word Editable export.

1. When I added the Page number on the page header section, the page number is not getting refreshed when exported to Word-Editable (i.e page number is "1" on all pages). but the page number is shown correctly (1,2,3...) on the preview and other export options(Word Non-Editable,PDF)

2. I given the formulae to not to display the page number on the 1st page. In that case, if we export to word-editable, page number is not at all displayed on any pages. the formulae is given below. When I export to any other options, the page numbers are displayed (2,3,4....) on all pages.
(

if PageNumber > 1 then

Totext(PageNumber,0)

else

"")
Thanks,
Nahas
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:20pm
I suspect that Crystal is putting the page number in the page header and it's not "smart" enough to know that it needs two different page headers - one for the first page, another for the rest.

I'm not sure why it's not incrementing the page number.

If possible, don't use a page header section.  Instead, use an outer group that covers all of your report.  For example, every report we run has a Job ID that identifies which set of data is included from the report tables; we frequently use this as the outer group - especially in subreports when we want page headers.  Modify the group to turn on the option to repeat the group header on every page.  Put your page header information into that section.

I don't guarantee that this will work, but it's worth a shot.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version