Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: how to insert groups in bteween the detail section Post Reply Post New Topic
joshimuralikris

Online Status: Offline
Quote joshimuralikris Replybullet Topic: how to insert groups in bteween the detail section
    Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:30pm
hi all,

i've designed a crystal report which has some 20 sections in it, now i'm trying to add the groups to the reports, by default the group are created at the top of the report, and the group values are displayed at the top i.e before the details section.

how can i insert the group in between the detail section, i.e in my case i want  to display the group after 5 sections.

if any one feels difficult to understand the question, please let me know i'll try to expalin with the screen shots of the report.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Murali..
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 6:28am
you can't. 

if you need 5 sections of details to print prior to your first group, you will probably need to write subreports and embed them in your 'group'.

a group is a filter of sorts, details just respond to the grouping/ordering imposed on it by groups.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version